Mandala Sun Tattoo Sheer Tights
The literal meaning of mandala, which is a Sanskrit word, is circle and like a circle, the mandala represents wholeness. A circle also denotes balance, perfection and eternity as the distance from its center to all points on it remains the same, from wherever it is measured. Buddhists, in particular, made great use of mandalas in meditation and religious rituals, where they have been considered as the symbols of balance in the body and mind. Moreover, mandalas or circles occupy a place of great significance in human existence as it is the shape of celestial bodies like the Sun, the Earth and the Moon. As such, mandala tattoos make a great option for people who believe in spirituality and follow a life based on the path of meditation and focus.
- Black mandala sun print on one side of the leg: can be worn on either side or twisted to the front or back
- 20 Denier material with advanced Lycra® fibres: for natural make-up finish that is also long-lasting and durable
- Wide comfort waistband: to keep your tights in place all day long without cutting into your skin
- Sheer to waist brief: for your shortest dresses, skirts and shorts
- Cotton gusset: has hygienic effect of underwear, so you can skip one if you wish
- Flat seams: no more bulging seams under tight-fitting clothes
- Sandal toes: invisible reinforcement for your favourite peep toes
- 78% polyamide, 20% elastane, 2% cotton
- Designed and hand-made in Ireland
We understand that when you’ve just bought your perfect pair of Stop & Stare tattoo hosiery, you’ll want it to look its best for as long as possible. Tested to last 9 full days of wear in heels and 2 weeks in flats, our items still are delicate and unique, so please follow our guide on how to look after all those beautiful garments to make them last longer and look fabulous.
- Before taking your hosiery out of the package, check your hands and feet for rough skin and sharp nails.
- Use of thin cotton gloves especially designed for putting on hosiery or applying a bit of lotion to your hands and feet will decrease the risk of snagging your garment.
- Remove any rings, watches and other jewellery before putting on your hosiery.
- Take your time: sheer garments are delicate items that need to be treated with care.
- While sitting, gather the item down at your toes (figure 1).
- Slip one foot into your garment and carefully stretch the length of the fabric with both hands up to your ankle and then over your knee (figure 2).
- Repeat with the other leg in the same manner, aligning the tattoo design as you go along (figure 3).
- Stand up and roll the garment with both hands over the thighs and hips (figure 4) and keep stretching it until the waistband is in place.
- If the item does not come up to the top of your legs properly, do not pull it: simply roll it back down to your ankles and gently stretch them over your legs once again, stopping and adjusting if you feel them pulling awkwardly.
- Gently pull away the fabric at the toe part of each foot: this will decrease the pressure on the delicate material in this area (figure 5).
- Now it's your moment of glory: "People will stare - make it worth their while!" (Harry Winston)
- Simply do the reverse of putting them on: start at the waist and slowly roll the garment down.
- Don’t pull from the toe as this creates unnecessary stress on the fabric and makes it more susceptible to snags and ladders.
- Keep your hosiery separate from all other clothes: this will prevent buttons, buckles and zippers from catching on hosiery and causing snags and holes.
- Take care not to allow perfumes, scents and other toiletries to come into contact with delicate fabrics: let them dry completely before putting on your fine hosiery.
- Stop & Stare tattoo hosiery must always be hand-washed: rinse it gently in lukewarm soapy water (30°C) without rubbing or wringing the printed area.
- Hang your garments to drip dry or place between two towels to dry flat. Always dry away from direct heat and never iron.