Maori Couple Tattoo Sheer Tights
The Maori are indigenous people that originated in New Zealand. They have a form of body art, known as moko but more commonly referred to as Maori tattooing. This art form was brought to the Maori from Polynesia and since the Maori people consider the head to be the most sacred part of the body, the most popular kind of Maori tattoo was the facial tattoo. Such tattoo was a symbol of rank, social position, power, prestige and ancestry, as only people of status were allowed to have, and could afford to have, tattoos. Maori tattoo traditionally does not involve the use of needles; rather the Maori used knives and chisels made from shark teeth, sharpened bone or sharp stones, so having it applied was a very painful experience. Burnt wood was used to create black pigments. A person’s ancestry was indicated on each side of the face: the left side was generally the father’s side and the right side the mother’s, just like on our tattoo design.
- Black Maori design print on the front of both legs: can also be worn on the back
- 20 Denier material with advanced Lycra® fibres: tried and tested by real men to withstand everyday use while allowing the skin to show through
- Natural colour which make your legs look better but they work best with hair free legs so extend the use of that razor from the face down to the legs and get defuzzing
- Wide comfort waistband: lets your legwear sit on the waist comfortably in the same way as boxers
- Sheer to waist brief with hygienic cotton gusset: provides the option to replace regular underwear and socks with an all-in-one garment
- Flat seams: a very important feature for men when it comes to putting close fitting underwear anywhere near the equipment
- Sandal toes: invisible reinforcement for improved durability
- 78% polyamide, 20% elastane, 2% cotton
- Designed and hand-made in Ireland
We understand that when you’ve just bought your perfect pair of Stop & Stare tattoo hosiery, you’ll want it to look its best for as long as possible. Tested to last 9 full days of wear in heels and 2 weeks in flats, our items still are delicate and unique, so please follow our guide on how to look after all those beautiful garments to make them last longer and look fabulous.
- Before taking your hosiery out of the package, check your hands and feet for rough skin and sharp nails.
- Use of thin cotton gloves especially designed for putting on hosiery or applying a bit of lotion to your hands and feet will decrease the risk of snagging your garment.
- Remove any rings, watches and other jewellery before putting on your hosiery.
- Take your time: sheer garments are delicate items that need to be treated with care.
- While sitting, gather the item down at your toes (figure 1).
- Slip one foot into your garment and carefully stretch the length of the fabric with both hands up to your ankle and then over your knee (figure 2).
- Repeat with the other leg in the same manner, aligning the tattoo design as you go along (figure 3).
- Stand up and roll the garment with both hands over the thighs and hips (figure 4) and keep stretching it until the waistband is in place.
- If the item does not come up to the top of your legs properly, do not pull it: simply roll it back down to your ankles and gently stretch them over your legs once again, stopping and adjusting if you feel them pulling awkwardly.
- Gently pull away the fabric at the toe part of each foot: this will decrease the pressure on the delicate material in this area (figure 5).
- Now it's your moment of glory: "People will stare - make it worth their while!" (Harry Winston)
- Simply do the reverse of putting them on: start at the waist and slowly roll the garment down.
- Don’t pull from the toe as this creates unnecessary stress on the fabric and makes it more susceptible to snags and ladders.
- Keep your hosiery separate from all other clothes: this will prevent buttons, buckles and zippers from catching on hosiery and causing snags and holes.
- Take care not to allow perfumes, scents and other toiletries to come into contact with delicate fabrics: let them dry completely before putting on your fine hosiery.
- Stop & Stare tattoo hosiery must always be hand-washed: rinse it gently in lukewarm soapy water (30°C) without rubbing or wringing the printed area.
- Hang your garments to drip dry or place between two towels to dry flat. Always dry away from direct heat and never iron.
- When putting on your hold-ups, turn the top band over so it is not touching the skin until it has reached the desired position (usually mid-thigh for maximum comfort and fit).
- Please note that body lotions, creams, oils and talcum powder may affect the performance of the silicone bands on your hold-ups and they could slip out of position – we, therefore, do not recommend applying them on the section of your thighs where the silicone bands adhere to your skin.
- Similarly, the use of fabric conditioners is not recommended when washing your hold-ups.
Save €3 when you buy 2 pairs with code BUY2SAVE3
Save €5 when you buy 3 pairs with code BUY3SAVE5
Save €7 when you buy 4+ pairs with code BUY4SAVE7